For the Frill of It







Sadly, my summer in Italy came to an end at the beginning of August. Fortunately, my disspointment in having to return state-side was assuaged by a quick trip to my favorite US city, New York. My trans-Atlantic flight was to and from JFK, so I decided to make the most of it and visit Emily on the front and back end of my summer abroad. This turned out to be a great decision!

I never get enough of NYC, and Emily and I always have a great time trying new restaurants, exploring new streets, and scouting new photo locations. Not to mention the amazing shopping, which was so nice after my 3-month shopping hiatus. Emily, the great friend that she is, even let me order some items online while I was away so they could be waiting for me at her apartment when I got home. This was especially great during the Nordstrom anniversary sale -- can't miss those discount Hanky Pankies!

A couple weeks before returning home I was doing a little online retail therapy and I spotted this frilly pink For Love & Lemons Dress. I was so happy with my For Love & Lemons top I had ordered in the spring before departing, that I decided to go for it and order this dress. I loved the shape and the color, and hoped it would work with my favorite Lack of Color Hat. Spoiler, it did!

I am always a sucker for an easy, sweet summer dress (also available in this color combo). When the temperature heats up, I always reach for light weight dresses. I especially love dresses like this one that are comfortable and easy to wear, but still figure flattering. Despite having a looser, flowy fit, the deep cut of the bust and empire waist gives it a flattering shape. You can also further cinch the waist with the tie in the back. I was so happy to return and find that this dress lived up to my expectations. Plus, I had no clean clothes left and needed something to throw on and explore the city with Em!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,