What I'm Packing for a Summer Abroad


I feel like I need to put "able to pack for three months abroad in one suitcase and one carry-on" on my resume under skills. I mean, seriously, it has taken me years to master this! But it is a challenge that, oddly enough, I look forward to year after year.

This year, I did better than ever! Both bags are right at weight and I feel like I was able to bring everything I wanted. I always encourage people/students to step up their style game when traveling or studying abroad. Why? Becuase the photos you take are going to be your greatest souvenirs and give you a lifetime of fond memories. You don't want to look back and think "why do I look like I just rolled out of bed?" You can read about my own travel style evolution here.

Per usual, my suitcase is full of bright colors and fun patterns. I can't go to the Amalfi Coast without this lemon scarf or these lemon earrings! It doesn't matter how much time I spend in Europe, I just can't get into black on black or all-neutral looks. Despite including lots of patterns and colors, I always make sure I stick to a cohesive color palette so I can mix and match to get the most out of what I pack.

Here is a peak of what I ended up packing:


As you read this I am getting ready to fly to Paris! Obviously I am delighted to be able to spend some time in one of my all-time favorite cities before heading on to Italy. Unfortunately, springtime in Paris looks and feels a lot different than springtime in Italy. This made packing a bit more complicated, but I am hoping for some warmer weather. Make sure you follow along on Instagram (and Instastories) for more of my travel adventures!


You can read more of my packing tips here:
When to Start Packing for a Trip Abroad
What to Pack if You're Traveling or Studying Abroad This Summer
The Best Purses for Travel
Packing MVPs: The Most Versatile Clothing for Travel



SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,