Fresh Squeezed in Positano










I don't think I will ever tire of Positano. No matter how many years I go, I am always in awe of its charm and beauty. And, obviously, one of my favorite aspects of Positano, and the Amalfi Coast more generally, are the delicious and amazing lemons that are in (from pasta to chocolate to alcohol) and on everything!

Like I said, lemons are everywhere in the Amalfi Coast and I plan on sharing more about these special citruses in a post next week on Sorrento and the cultivation of lemons in the region. For now, however, I wanted to share these amazing lemoned-themed pieces I picked up from J.Crew shortly before my departure. I mean how can you say no to the perfect lemon coin purse? And don't even get me started on the earrings.

I have always had a fondness for a great lemon print, but I was especially drawn to this adorable yellow lemon cardigan and coordinating scarf. When I saw these fabulous (and comfy) green gingham shorts, I knew it was kismet, and I had to wear this ensemble while visiting the Amalfi Coast this summer. I decided to wear my cardigan the day we visited Positano because it was early May and still a bit chilly in the mornings and in the shade (May in Italy can be a bit all over the place).

cardigan // top (old) // shorts // sunnies // scarf // bag (similar) // coin purse // shoes // earrings

This trip was a bit of a last minute adventure. I had just arrived in Rome from Umbria when I met up with a friend who lamented that the one thing she did not get to do while in Italy was visit the Amalfi Coast. I had a free weekend and I figured why not! We booked a place and two days later we were headed south on the high speed train.

The Amalfi Coast is not the easiest quick or last minute trip. The region is a bit more remote and difficult to get to. I typically recommend spending at least 4 days there, but, if necessary, it can be done in 2 and a half days (you can read all my tips for visiting the Amalfi Coast here). Which is exactly what we did! Our trip was short, but amazing as usual. And it was nice to visit without students in tow for a change. In fact, I return this next weekend for three days with 40-something students. I know, I am totally spoiled!

Have you ever visited Positano? 


SHOP THE POST:



PS - You can read my 10 must-do things in Positano here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,