The Perfect Travel Dress







What's my secret for looking chic and put together but still being comfortable and practical when traveling in the summer? The short-sleeve dress in a natural fabric that hits at or just above the knee. This formula has never failed me. You can layer on a sweater or jacket for warmth, dress it up with wedges, or down with sneakers. It is comfortable, easy to wear, will look timeless in your photos, and only requires thinking about and packing one item.

This formula works especially well when traveling in the summer in Italy for a couple reasons. First, a natural fabric will keep you cool when walking around all day in the scorching sun. Second, the short sleeve and knee length will mean you are ready to enter any religious site or church. And third, a dress makes you look dressier and more refined than your average tourist (in general, Italians cover up more and dress up more). I have found that wrap dresses are super flattering in photos, and dresses with a bit of spandex woven into the cotton travel very well since they resist stains and wrinkles.

Whether strolling Charleston or touring the Roman Forum, you can't go wrong with a great little summer dress. While this particular dress is a bit short for entering religious sites abroad, it will certainly take you from a day of sightseeing in historic Charleston to dinner and drinks at Zero George.

Despite being the perfect travel dress, short sleeve dresses are surprisingly hard to find! I struggle to find cute and affordable options every year before I depart for my summer abroad. So, I have rounded up my favorites this season. I recently picked up this little black pom pom number and this sweet floral look.


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , , , ,