The Perfect Gingham Dress







I have a huge soft spot for gingham. I love it and own way too much. But, that did not stop me from purchasing this dress. Of all my gingham purchases, this one takes the cake. Not only is it the perfect navy check, but it is the cutest and most flattering spring/summer dress. I apologize in advance for how much you will see this dress on me this summer!

At first, I wasn't sure if I could pull of this midi length, but the trumpet cut and cinched waist gives you plenty of length. And just to be safe, I paired it with my favorite wedges for a bit of height. I purchased these wedges last year and they quickly became a favorite. They are super comfy and go with basically everything. Fortunately, J.Crew has released them again this year. Be weary though, that the Factory version is not nearly as comfortable (maybe it is the cheaper fabric they are using?).

I wore this sweet spring look for a morning stroll around Mount Pleasant - a neighborhood that is as idyllic as this dress. It was still chilly so I threw on the only cardigan I packed. Fortunately, you cannot go wrong with pink and navy.

Another piece of this outfit I love is the wicker bag. Wicker bags are huge this spring, and this one is just the cutest and it is gingham lined (I also love this one)! Sadly, it is no longer available online. But I checked with the J.McLaughlin store I purchased from and the company has plenty, you just have to visit in store or call to order.

Looking at these pictures makes me long to be back in Charleston. It was such a fun trip and I have been stuck inside all weekend writing a paper for a conference I am attending later this week (yes, I should have started writing sooner). Exploring Charleston definitely trumps paper writing. But, at least my conference is in Chicago and I get to explore a new city!


SHOP THE POST:
<
>

Labels: , , , , , ,