Signs of Spring









I could not believe how warm my first three days in NYC were. A week earlier I was rounding up all of my warmest clothing and coats, because who expects highs in the 60s in February in New England? Fast forward to two days before my trip and I was scrambling to repack. I basically had to pack for both winter and spring, as the weather changed dramatically three days into my trip (and will continue to yo-yo).

But, I am not complaining, because those first few days in the city were gorgeous! I fully embraced this early sign of spring and wore this adorable embroidered floral skirt paired with my new favorite trench. This trench is so pretty and easy to wear. It drapes effortlessly, has a fabulous over-sized collar, and remained relatively unwrinkled through a day of travel and a day of intense strolling around the city. You may have noticed that I love Club Monaco's coats and trenches. The quality and cuts are excellent and find their pieces timeless, versatile, and flattering. All the things I look for in outerwear.

Underneath my wrap trench I wore this tie sleeve top that I recently scored from Ann Taylor. It is a great top that you can dress up for work or down for weekends. And while it is a very basic shirt, the sleeve detail gives it great dimension, especially when layering.

Did I mention this was an intense day of strolling? According to my phone, Emily and I clocked nine miles! I love walking and exploring cities, and we also do a lot of eating along the way. Emily always knows the best and trendiest places to dine, so I leave food plans up to her. Don't worry, I plan on sharing all of our dining destinations next week! So stay tuned.


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,