PhD Chic





skirt // top (short sleeve version) // sunnies via Ditto // bag (old) // wedges (similar)

Well, this week marked the start of my 24th year of school... yikes! And this year will probably be the most important and stress-filled of my academic career. Especially the next couple of months. I have to finish 3 chapter drafts, apply for grants and post docs, and assist with an online course all while traveling to California for a fellowship and attempting to have a life. I would be lying if I said I was not freaking out as I face, what could potentially be, my last year of school.

Best case scenario I will receive a dissertation grant for next year and I will be able to relax a bit and not have to scramble to finish writing. Worse case scenario, and the scenario I have to prepare for, is I will have to finish writing and defend next summer, oh and find time to apply for jobs. No problem? I pretty much feel anxious about this year and next all of the time.

Honestly, it felt like I would be in school forever. I never really thought about the finishing line, since it always felt so far away. You would think it would be exciting. But, nope. It is terrifying. All I can do is put myself in overdrive for the next couple of months and try to write as much as I can! Of course, I want to write without giving up my life, friends, and any sort of fun.

Since returning from Italy, I have spent most of my days in pjs writing away. So it was nice to put on this Kate Spade skirt and leave the house lol. I like this skirt because it is so easy to wear but still feels very chic. You can dress it up with a blouse for work or down with a t-shirt, a denim jacket, and sandals. I don't have to be on campus much this semester, so the latter will likely be worn more. Finally, how amazing are these new Karen Walker shades? I love them. It was really nice to restart my sunglasses subscription when I got home (you can learn more about Ditto's Endless Eyewear program here).

Anyone else facing school-related anxiety?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , ,