Oops A Daisy






fabric // dress pattern // sunnies // clutch // shoes (old, similar)

Ok, one last Tampa post before you are inundated with all things Italy and Florence.

This dress was my second dress making success (you can see my first one here). I followed the same pattern, but got a little crazy and added a bell sleeve, which turned out to be a great idea. I also substituted the half pleated, half gathered skirt the pattern called for with a full box-pleat skirt. It doesn't even look like the same dress. It is amazing what you can do with one great pattern.

Like my other dress, I also created this fabric via Spoonflower. I was inspired by this Dolce and Gabbana shift that I LOVE but, obviously, could never afford. It also pairs perfectly with Kate Spade's adorable "Oops a Daisy" clutch and white daisy sunnies.

This dress definitely came to Italy with me and you will be seeing it a lot! I am sad that I won't be able to keep up with my sewing over the summer, but I am sure there will be plenty to keep me busy and lots of European designers to inspire me. I plan on visiting the designer fabric store while in Florence.

Have a great Monday, and I will have a complete update on Florence tomorrow!


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,