Spring Beauty Update

serum // face wash // mask

After returning home to Florida from a year abroad in Italy, my skin was a hot mess! My skin had grown accustomed to a new climate and did not take well to returning to the humidity of Florida. I have never had flawless skin, but I have also never had really bad skin. My forehead was dry while my chin and neck broke out continuously.

Finally after trying a bunch of products, a friend of mine who is a make up artist and moonlights at Bare Minerals suggested I try some of their new skincare products. I am always inclined to go for oil-reducing cleansers and moisturizes for my oily skin, but she suggested trying their oil-based cleanser. Contrary to what you might think, it doesn't make your skin more oily. I was amazed at how balanced my skin was after just a couple of uses. It takes off all of my makeup but doesn't leave my face feeling stripped.

She also suggested I try their new Skin Longevity to help repair my skin and brighten any scaring or dark spots caused by my recent and relentless breakouts. No lie, using these two products together turned my skin around in less than two weeks.

Lastly, I wanted to try this Glam Glow mask that I feel like I have seen everywhere. I have only used it a couple of times, but it definitely feels like it is pulling out all of my skin's impurities.

setting spray // blush // highlighter // foundation

In addition to my skin freaking out, I was running low on most of my makeup when I returned home. With spring approaching, I thought it was the perfect excuse to update my beauty routine for spring. Dior's Airflash is another product that I have heard tons of people rave about. I was curious to try an aerosol foundation. I mean it seems so convenient and efficient. And it is! I was skeptical, but this stuff really does glide on, giving you naturally flawless looking skin. It doesn't have a lot of coverage with one coat, but it is build-able. I was worried that with my oily skin this would make me look overly dewy or a sweaty mess by the end of the day, but it held up really well and I was no more oily than usual.

I don't know about you, but I am always searching for the perfect pink blush that gives a girly flush to your cheeks. This Dior blush is the closest I have found. It gives you a great natural rosy glow.

I also picked up this really subtle but gorgeous highlighter and this setting spray. This setting spray makes all of the difference when it comes to my eye make up and foundation. I can go all day without having to touch up or re-apply.

liner // gloss // brow tint

Lastly, I picked up a new black eye-liner (I am determined to master the cat-eye for spring), the prettiest pink lip gloss (#765), and this Korean eye brow tint (in grey-brown). I am always searching for a way to enhance my poor brows. I love the Anastasia system, but I also want something that will last and that I don't have to reapply every single day. So I took a chance and tried this tint. I actually love the results. My brows look fuller without any makeup. It doesn't last more than a week, but it is great for the days you don't want to do your makeup but still want better brows.


What is it about updating your beauty routine and cleaning out your make up bag that makes you feel so rejuvenated? What new products are you loving for spring?


SHOP THE POST
< >

Labels: , , ,