Outfit: Plaid with a Bow







jacket (old, similar) // skirt (old, similar here and here) // clutch // sunnies // socks // shoes

What a difference a couple weeks make. We took these photos my last Sunday in Florence. It was such a fun last day in my beloved city. Anna and I strolled our favorite streets, gorged ourselves on pasta, and had cocktails at the roof-top bar of the Westin Excelsior at sunset as this crazy fog rolled into the city. It was the best way to say farewell.

Coming home has been a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I was so excited to come home and enjoy everyone and everything that I had missed, but I didn't really think about how much I would miss Florence, the archive, and my friends there, not to mention just how different my day-to-day life would be. Honestly, I feel a little overwhelmed and lost. Jet lag hit me hard and I have struggled to get into a good rhythm. In fact, I actually slept on the couch my first week back because it felt so weird to be home (strange I know). But each day gets better as my sleep pattern normalizes and I fall back into old routines.

On a somewhat related note, being home means I can break out the Lilly Pulitzer. And today is the big Lilly sale! I am sure the site will crash and the virtual line will be long. I like to skip the online madness and head to my local signature store. They match the online prices, you get to actually try things on, and everything goes home with you. I highly recommend it! I have my eye on this tunic dress, this tunic, and these shorts. Hopefully some of them will be included in the sale.

SHOP THE POST


Labels: , , , , ,