Picnic in the Park










Last week was Jen's birthday, and to celebrate we decided to have a little prosecco and cupcake picnic in the Boboli Gardens (I mean is there any other kind of picnic?) The weather had been gorgeous all week and we were both excited to get outside and enjoy it. So Friday after work, I picked up some delicious cupcakes from the nearby American bakery, Sugar and Spice, grabbed some mini bottles of prosecco, and met Jen on the Ponte Vecchio to head to the gardens.

The Boboli Gardens are one of my favorite spots in Florence. The only downside is that as part of the Palazzo Pitt you have to pay to enter. Fortunately, Jen and I both have passes. I guess when you live in Florida you have year-long theme park passes and when you live in Florence you have museum passes lol. I highly recommend investing in a similar tourist pass if you plan on spending a good amount of time in Florence (if you are studying abroad in Florence, you school will likely provide one). I absolutely love my museum pass. It lets you skip the line and pop into see Michelangelo's David or Botticelli's Birth of Venus whenever you like!

If you aren't in Florence long enough to justify a museum pass, I still highly recommend purchasing a ticket to see both the Palazzo Pitti and the Boboli Gardens. The palace and adjoining gardens are beautiful and massive. Fun fact, they actually were the inspiration for Versailles. You could spend all afternoon exploring the park, but Jen and I decided to find a shady spot and just lounge. I value friendships that are easy and fun. It seems that no matter what Jen and I do it involves a lot of laughing (especially when Jen popped her first bottle of prosecco and the corked rocketed into the tree above). But in addition to being easy and fun, Jen and I often find ourselves immersed in really thoughtful conversations about feminism, gender, and, in the case of this conversation in the park, vanity and blogging lol.


I am so fortunate to have such amazing friends both at home and in Florence. Happy birthday Jen!

Labels: , , , , ,