Florence Guide: Le Vespe

I am definitely a creature of habit. When I find something I like, I stick to it. That's why I love doing this Florence Guide series, it forces me to try new places. This winter I am living in a different part of the city than where I lived in summers past, which means there are lots of new places to try!

What - Le Vespe
A little bit hipster and a little bit granola, Le Vespe offers lots of organic and vegan-friendly food options (as well indulgent grilled cheeses and eggs benedict).


Where - Via Ghibellina, 76, Firenze


When - Tuesday through Saturday 10 am - 11 pm and Sunday 11 am - 4 pm



Wearing - Gingham flannel shirt, herringbone puffer, jeans, and my new Florentine boots.



Why - Because sometimes you need a healthy alternative to pasta when you're in Italy!

This past Saturday I tried this adorable little bistro I pass almost every day on my way home - Le Vespe. Le Vespe serves an amazing Sunday brunch, but they also have a great selection of healthy options, fresh juices and smoothies, and creative and indulgent comfort food. I had the Via Verdi -- avocado, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, hummus, and caramelized onions. But be warned, it is very small and typically under-staffed, it won't be a quick meal, but if you have the time it's definitely worth it.

Labels: , ,