Outfit: Bon Voyage

Remember when I said I wasn't going to unpack any of my winter or spring capsule before departing? Well, last week's cold snap ruined that plan. Since all of my sweaters were packed away, I had to pull something out, and I couldn't resist wearing my new Madewell bon voyage turtleneck. I think it is a fitting last outfit post from the states.






turtleneck sweater (sold out, similar) // skirt // tights // booties 

I feel like this week will be a bit of a waiting game (travel always feels like you are hurrying just to wait, doesn't it?). I have worked so hard over the past few weeks to prep everything for my departure. I have just a few last minute things to take care, but other than that I am ready to go! I am driving to Atlanta on Wednesday (this is where Ophelia will be vacationing) and I depart for Italy on Friday!

I've spent all weekend (and will continuing spending this week) indulging in the things I will miss the most - Thai food (which I can get outside of Italy), DD coffee (can't wait for Berlin), my favorite TV shows, friends, and my favorite workout classes. As much as I will miss these things, I am so looking forward to not having to drive, fresh pastries every morning, walking everywhere, exploring new places, Italian food and wine, cold weather, researching in the archive, and my friends in Florence.

What do you miss the most when you're abroad?

Labels: , , ,