Florence Guide: Dolci and Dolcezze

I'll admit I am a little sad that this is my last Florence Guide post for the summer. But not to worry, it will kick back up when I return to Florence in January. And I promise to highlight more than breakfast and dessert in the future!

What - The Cutest Cakes and Tarts, Coffee, and Pastries


Where - Piazza Cesare Beccaria 8 red
(a bit far outside the tourist center, but worth the walk)


When - Monday to Friday 9 am - 7:30 pm and Saturday 9 am - 5 pm



Wearing - Chambray Shirt, Striped Maxi Skirt (only 10 Euros at the local market), and Panama Hat



Why - This darling little art nouveau pastry shop bakes the most delicious pastries, tarts, and cakes from scratch daily. It is also the only place in Florence that lets you put cinnamon on your cappuccino (this is a big deal in Italy, Italians are very particular about their coffee)! They specialize in flourless dark chocolate cakes, and rice pudding and cream tarts topped with fresh fruit.  It's a little pricey, but definitely worth it.

PS - Operation get back in shape after eating my way through Italy has begun!

Labels: , ,