Sloane Ranger

I first discovered Sloane Ranger two years ago in my university's bookstore (of all places). My officemate and I were waiting for our coffees and browsing to kill time when we happened on the cutest canvas bags. I immediately fell in love with the navy, pink, and green anchor tote, and Brittany was smitten with the owl cross body. We purchased our discoveries and returned to our office to google this new brand.

Turns out Sloane Ranger was (then) a new company specializing in adorable preppy bags, jewelry, and accessories inspired by the British Sloane Ranger - an expression or term used in the 1970's and 80's that referred to young, upperclass, and fashionable prepsters who lived near and shopped in Sloane Square in Chelsea (a.k.a. the "original prepsters"). Princess Diana is credited as the first Sloane, or Sloanie, and today Kate Middleton is considered to be a modern Sloane Ranger.

This preppy aesthetic and lifestyle - classic yet modern - is the inspiration behind today's Sloane Ranger. If I loved the bags before, I really loved them after reading the company's inspiration. So when they contacted me a couple weeks ago to collaborate and write a guest post for their blog, the Modern Prep Gazette, I was more than just a little excited! Unfortunately, you will have to wait a little bit longer to read my guest most (I am hard at work), but I wanted to share some of my favorites from their new Spring line!

#preppy too cute!

Seriously this bag is adorable!

Lobster bracelet, perfect for stacking with larger bracelets.

Similar to my original tote.

Pink and lobsters? Yes please!

Adorable arrow weekender.

Stay tuned for more on my collaboration! Which Sloane Ranger pieces are you loving?



Labels: , ,